The conventional enterprise privileged access solutions utilized gateways and focused on interactive users. This is no longer a practical approach, and the ongoing migration to the Cloud has turned cloud service providers to the next-generation of solutions.
Next generation Privileged Session Management solutions are able to:
- Decrypt common standard protocols (SSH, SFTP, and RDP) without interfering with the network topology or end-user tools or workflows
- Filter and proactively detect suspicious traffic
- Monitor privileged sessions with full session playback
- Provide centralized management, visibility, and reporting
- Deploy in both public and private cloud environments
- Cover both interactive and M2M connections
- Enable flexible deployment and adaptability to changes in cloud and network environments
Cloud customers should select a reliable cloud service provider who can deliver secure service offerings with next-generation privileged session monitoring solutions that enable monitoring, controlling, and auditing encrypted traffic, storing and archiving audit trails, and preventing data leakage across the cloud-hosting environment.
At the end of the day, cloud users are responsible for the security and integrity of their data in cloud environments. By selecting modern cloud providers, users can now enforce accountability for privileged user operations within the Cloud and get clear answers for the above questions from their cloud services provider in times of need.
Sign up for Computerworld eNewsletters.