4. Despite the infancy of BA adoption in the region, specific use cases, such as fraud detection, pricing optimisation, risk management, and reputation monitoring, will drive the adoption of "Big Data" analytics in banks, telcos and government.
5. With the region known for natural disasters, IDC expects organisations to focus their interests on BA.
6. CMOs will use BA for the metrics, dashboards, data and advanced analytics.
7. The adoption of data visualisation tools will increase as end-users will prefer simple and affordable solutions that will not continually require the IT department.
8. IDC expects organisations to integrate social networking and social media capabilities in their business intelligence to facilitate faster decision making.
9. CFOs will find value in BA as a tool to accelerate growth and revenue, while cutting overall expenses and efficiently managing risk.
10. IDC expects the emergency of new consumption models as customers will want mobile & cloud-based BI. However, this demand will not significantly increase sales of vendors.
Sign up for Computerworld eNewsletters.