"We crowdsource solutions for companies which come to us. Under UN's [United Nations crowdsourcing platform], we make use of data to embark on sustainable development projects. Very soon, we will be announcing certain projects in hopes that more people will join us to innovate," concluded Khan.
Other stories from GCIO Forum 2016 that might interest you:
- Rethinking the CIO role in government services
- Delivering digital services the Estonian way
- Developing a customer-centric and service-led government
- To empower a startup journey, innovation has to be redefined
- How government agencies should leverage interactive videos
- Digitising the physical space to enhance citizen's experience
- How civil service can attract young tech talents
- Making a career in the public sector an attractive proposition
- Why government data centres need to be modernised
- Why contextual data and analytics are vital for security
Sign up for Computerworld eNewsletters.