The new in-server storage technology allows customers to:
- Accelerate the most important data by offering high performance with NVMe Express Flash storage and deployment of Dell Fluid Cache for SAN and SanDisk DAS Cache.
- Zone large datasets by doubling the RAID performance with optional dual PERC9 controllers.
- Support software defined storage and optimized data placement by providing hybrid storage configurations within the compute node that enable tiering capabilities.
Windows Server deadline
Dell Malaysia general manager, consumer and commercial business, KT Ong said Dell's new Windows Server Migration service will allow businesses who are running Windows Server 2003 to transition their workloads to the Microsoft Azure Cloud or Windows Server 2012 R2 in the light of the July 2015 deadline for the end of Windows Server 2003 support.
"There is no single migration plan that suits all workloads," said Ong. "[However] Dell Services provides unique solutions to help rank and classify your Windows Server migration pathway based on critical business needs. Dell's end-to-end expertise addresses migration from the datacentre to the end point, empowering customers to modernize their IT environments with ease."
He said the new service was designed to help customers through all stages of their Windows Server migration process to meet the 2015 deadline, while ensuring all necessary checkpoints on their migration list are answered. This includes:
- Dell Windows Server OS Modernization Services giving customers a guide to flexible IT approaches that map out multiple technology options and deliver innovative technology integration, while increasing automation and reducing manual effort
- Dell Datacentre Transformation Methodology, which helps accelerate server migration while simultaneously mitigating risk by designing, building and validating a step-by-step migration plan unique to each workload and app specification
- Dell Application Management Consulting and Global Application Packaging Factory, which conducts a full application inventory during the migration process to examine the compatibility of each legacy application and identify the needed remediation for each app
- Dell ChangeBASE technology that automatically analyses applications to uncover compatibility issues with the targeted operating system
- The PowerEdge R730xd starts at US$ 4000 and is available today.
- The PowerEdge R730 starts at US$ 3500 and is available today.
- The PowerEdge R630 starts at US$ 3000 and is available today.
- The PowerEdge T630 starts at US$ 2500 and is available today.
- The PowerEdge M630 will begin shipping in November 2014.
Sign up for Computerworld eNewsletters.