For mobile data traffic growth rates over the forecast period, the Middle East and Africa region is projected to have the highest regional growth rate. Below is how each of the regions ranks in terms of growth rate by 2019:
1. The Middle East and Africa will have a 72 percent CAGR and 15.3-fold growth
2. Central and Eastern Europe will have a 71 percent CAGR and 14.4-fold growth
3. Asia-Pacific will have a 58 percent CAGR 9.7-fold growth
4. Latin America will have a 59 percent CAGR and 10.1-fold growth
5. North America will have a 47 percent CAGR and 6.8-fold growth
6. Western Europe will have a 48 percent CAGR and 7.1-fold growth
In addition, the Asia-Pacific region is projected to generate the most mobile data traffic. Below is how each of the regions ranks in terms of anticipated mobile data traffic generation by 2019:
1. Asia-Pacific: 9.5 exabytes per month
2. North America: 3.8 exabytes per month
3. Western Europe: 2.4 exabytes per month
4. Central and Eastern Europe: 3.5 exabytes per month
5. The Middle East and Africa: 3.0 exabytes per month
6. Latin America: 2.0 exabytes per month
The Cisco VNI Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast (2014-2019) is based on independent analyst forecasts and real-world mobile data usage studies including Cisco's own calculations.
Sign up for Computerworld eNewsletters.