Photo - Dato' Seri George Chang, Vice President for Southeast Asia & Hong Kong, Fortinet.
Unified threat management (UTM) specialist Fortinet has launched in Malaysia three new high performance application delivery controllers (ADCs) for enterprise data centres and managed service providers designed to provide scalability and availability for Internet-based applications.
Fortinet vice president for Southeast Asia & Hong Kong Dato' Seri George Chang said new ADCs - FortiADC-1500D, FortiADC-2000D and FortiADC-4000D - represent an extension of the company's application delivery controller portfolio.
This line-up provides high performance, rich features and strong security for high-volume application environments while reducing overall total cost of ownership (TCO), said Chang.
"Today's announcement nearly doubles the size of Fortinet's hardware ADC appliance family to serve the application delivery needs of larger enterprises and managed service providers and highlights Fortinet's leadership and vision related to the convergence of networking and security functionalities," said Chang.
"No other ADC manufacturer offers our ratio of price to performance while including many options like Global Server Load Balancing and 10 Gigabit SFP+ connectivity," he said. "We deliver the performance and security that today's businesses require with application delivery appliances that range from 2.7 Gbps of layer-4 throughput all the way up to 50 Gbps on our new top-of-the-line FortiADC-4000D."
Chang said some of the key features of the new ADCs are:
- 50 Gbps of L4 throughput and up to 1,600,000 L7 transactions per second for handling enterprise and data centre application traffic volumes
- 16x GE ports and 8x 10 GB SFP+ Ethernet ports provide high-throughput connectivity to eliminate network bottlenecks
- Dedicated SSL offload hardware provides increased performance for up to 31,000 SSL connections per second
- Dual hot-swappable power supplies provide additional redundancy by supporting separate power connections and allow power supplies to be swapped without interrupting device operations
- A dedicated management port allows remote device control even when it's powered down
- 30 Gbps L4 throughput and up to 1,200,000 L7 transactions per second for mid-range traffic volume datacentres
- 16x GE ports and 4x 10 GB SFP+ Ethernet ports
- Dedicated SSL offload hardware with up to 31,000 SSL connections per second
- Dual power supplies
- 20 Gbps L4 throughput and up to 800,000 L7 transactions per second for smaller traffic volume or secondary data centres
- 8x GE ports and 4x 10 GB SFP+ Ethernet ports
- Dedicated SSL offload hardware with up to 14,500 SSL connections per second
- Dual power supplies
Sign up for Computerworld eNewsletters.