66. How should I react when my supplier misses an important milestone or delivers an unsatisfactory product and it suddenly becomes apparent that their status reports have been misleading?
67. What should I do when a resource quits or is terminated unexpectedly by the supplier?
68. What should I do when I decide that a supplier resource must be terminated?
69. What should I do when the supplier's resources want to be hired by my organization?
70. What should I do when other managers in my organization try to persuade my supplier resources to leave my project and join theirs?
71. How can I resolve performance issues with members of the supplier's management or project team?
72. What actions can I take if I have an issue with my own organization's management of the outsourcing relationship?
73. How can I resolve cross-cultural conflicts on the project team?
74. How can I get enough sleep when my project team is on different continents?
75. What should I say to my family, friends and colleagues who accuse me of undermining our community, our industry, our economy and/or our nation?
Phase 4: Closing
76. Whom should I notify that my outsourced project will be ending?
77. Whom should I notify that my relationship with the supplier will be ending?
78. How do I terminate the supplier relationship after the project is finished successfully?
79. How do I terminate the supplier relationship because I am dissatisfied with their performance?
80. How do I terminate the supplier relationship due to a cancelled project?
81. What should I tell my business sponsor or client about the outcome of the outsourced engagement?
82. What information should I provide to IT senior management about the results of the outsourced engagement?
83. What information should I provide to the Vendor Management, Procurement, Operations and/or Sourcing group(s) about the results of the outsourced engagement?
84. Should I create a new Statement of Work for every iteration of my project?
85. If my Statement of Work still in effect when my project has ended, can I start a new project under the same SoW?
86. What information should the supplier provide at the end of the project?
87. What information will the supplier ask me to provide at the end of the project?
88. How should I document lessons learned for the benefit of future outsourced projects?
89. What actions can I take to encourage the supplier to provide better service on my next project?
90. How can I influence my organization's assessment of the supplier's performance?
91. How much effort should I invest in improving my organization's processes for implementing outsourced engagements?
Sign up for Computerworld eNewsletters.